Platte County Detention Center
- Males: Tuesday and Saturday (Sat: With Kids)
- Females: Wednesday and Sunday (Sun: With Kids)
Visitation runs from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm with breaks from 11:00am to 1:00 pm and
again from 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm. You must check in 15 minutes prior to the time you
would like to visit. (example: you want to visit at 9:00 am; you must sign in no
later than 8:45 am.) If you sign in any time after the 15 minute till time frame
you will still be allowed to visit but not until the next visitation start time.
If you should have questions, please contact us.
Special visitation will be on Friday’s from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. To qualify for special visit’s you must live 125 air miles away, have proof of residency (brought with you) and the appointment must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Visitations will be 1 hour in length.
- All visitors must have a valid state, government or employment issued photo I.D.
- Only person’s visiting an inmate are allowed in the visiting area. Voices must be
kept to an acceptable level, you must remain seated during the visit and children
must be controlled by their responsible party (NO PHYSICAL CONTACT VISITS)
- All visitors under the age of 18 MUST have a parent or legal guardian present with
them at all times. Each child must have a birth certificate along with a photo I.D.
and/or Social Security card. Legal guardians must have court issued papers with
them as well.
- ONLY money orders, cashier’s checks, white t-shirts and long johns will be accepted
through the window or mail. CASH OR PERSONAL CHECKS!!!
- Appropriate clothing must be worn to visit any inmate; no miniskirts, short shorts,
tank tops or tub tops. Cell phones are not to be used during visit, if seen your
visit will be terminated immediately.
- All visits are on a first come, first serve. Each inmate is allowed one (1) visit
per day with up to 2 adults per visit.
- No exceptions will be made to these policies and Detention staff reserves the right
to ask any visitor to leave the facility.
Long Distance Visitors
Visitors that live more than 125 air miles from Wheatland may make an appointment
for a special visit. These visits are available on Friday nights only and between
the hours of 5:00 p.m and 10:00 pm. You must request your appointment no less
than 24 hours in advance by calling 307-322-2335 during regular
office hours. Visitation will be 1 hour in length and visitors are required
to provide proof of residency along with a valid state, government or employment
issued photo I.D.
Children may visit an inmate on designated days only. There will be no exceptions. Children are considered to be 18 years or younger. A child must be accompanied by an adult in order to visit. Proof of guardianship must accompany the adult bringing the child for the visit.
A child must have proper identification in order to visit an inmate. This will include and is not limited to a birth certificate, a social security card, a current school identification card, a current driver's license. Be prepared to have as much identification for the child as possible. If proper identification is not available the visit will be denied.
The Platte County Detention Center will not tolerate disobedient children. Visits will immediately cease should the deputies notice unruly children in the reception area.