A person may register to vote not less than thirty (30) days prior to an election, or on their qualified election day. To register to vote,
a person must meet the following qualifications:
- The voter must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be at least 18 years of age on the day of the next election
- Must be a bona fide resident of Wyoming. A person can prove residence in Wyoming by providing the following:
The voter must not be currently adjudicated mentally incompetent
Must not have been convicted of a felony, or if convicted has had his/her civil or voting rights restored (proof must be shown)
- Valid Wyoming driver's license
- If no Wyoming driver's license can be provided, the voter may bring a utility bill, pay stub, etc. to show a valid Wyoming physical
A person can register to vote by coming in to the County Clerk's office, going to their local town hall, or by mail. To register by
mail, a person must fill out the voter registration form in full and sign it in the presence of a notary public. The
form must then be mailed to the County Clerk's office with a copy of the voter's driver's license.
The following information is required to be registered to vote in the State of Wyoming:
- Applicant's full legal name
- Current residence address, or if living temporarily in another state or nation, his/her last residence address in Wyoming
- Postal or mailing address if different from the physical address
- Acceptable identification (preferably a valid driver's license but any photo ID will work)
- Wyoming driver's license number, or if he/she has no current, valid Wyoming driver's license, a statement to that effect and the last
four digits of the applicant's social security number are required
- Political party affiliation. If the applicant does not claim an affiliation, they will be considered unaffiliated
Voter Registration Changes/Updates
A voter should update their voting registration information whenever they get married, move, or change party affiliation. To ensure accurate information is sent to the polls please update your information as soon after the change is made as possible.
Fill out the voter registration update form and submit it to the Clerks Office.
You can hand deliver the form, or send it through the mail. If a voter registration form is sent through the mail, it must be
completed and signed in the presence of a notary public. If a voter needs to
make a change to their name or address, we can take those
changes over the phone. To make either of these two changes, just call our
office at 307-322-2315.