Documents Required for a Certificate of Title:
- Prior Wyoming Title, Out-of-State Title, or Manufacturer's Statement of Origin (MSO)
- Chain of ownership must be shown by a properly signed, notarized title and/or by a dealer re-assignment form(s)
- VIN inspection form (if needed, see VIN Inspections)
- If your vehicle is financed, a Security Agreement, Financing Statement, or Conditional Sales Contract must accompany the title paperwork
- Termination Statement (lien release) for any open liens still on the previous title
- Please see Fees for fee information about the services provided by this office
- Please refer to the drop down menus as to title requirements for specific vehicles.
Note: A rule of thumb for buying vehicles from a dealership is to bring to our office everything the dealership provides when a vehicle is purchased.
This is especially true for vehicles bought in another state. It is better to have too much paperwork than not enough!