Skip Navigation Links
County Home
Clerk's Home
Elections Expand Elections
TitlesExpand Titles
Land Recording
Marriage Licenses
Special DistrictsExpand Special Districts
Contact Us

Rules for an Out-of-State Title

  • Every state has its own set of laws when it comes to titles. The Platte County Clerk's Office, however, will accept any out-of-state title as long as it is executed according to the laws of the transferring state
  • Every out-of-state title must be accompanied by a completed VIN inspection form unless the vehicle was purchased from a Wyoming dealership
  • Most out-of-state titles have to be notarized. If there is a place for a notary, it is required by our office
  • All liens on the title must be released or accompanied by a Termination Statement (lien release) before the title can be transferred