Skip Navigation Links
County Home
Clerk's Home
Elections Expand Elections
TitlesExpand Titles
Land Recording
Marriage Licenses
Special DistrictsExpand Special Districts
Contact Us

New Titling Changes - Effective 1/1/2010

Effective January 1, 2010, the Platte County Clerk’s Office will be implementing the following changes pursuant to WY State Statutes 31-2-101 & 31-2-105:

Every owner of a vehicle for which no Wyoming certificate of title has been issued to the owner or the transferee upon transfer of ownership requiring a Wyoming certificate of title SHALL APPLY for a certificate of title at the office of a county clerk. Vehicles requiring certificates of titles which previously did not require a certificate of title include:

  • Off-Road Recreational Vehicles/Multi-purpose Vehicles (ATVs, golf carts, mules)
  • Snowmobiles
  • Watercraft (boats, jet skis – anything with a motor)
  • Trailers (livestock, cargo, flatbed, vehicle, boat, etc) regardless of weight

Note: The above DOES NOT APPLY to current owners unless the vehicle has NEVER been registered previously, and they so choose to register it.

When applying for a certificate of title without a previous title or MSO, the following documentation is required:

  1. Application for a Certificate of Title
  2. Notarized Bill of Sale OR Dealer Invoice
  3. Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Inspection or Hull Identification Number (HIN) Inspection by Law Enforcement/ Game and Fish
  4. Completed Affidavit of Vehicle Ownership
  5. Surety Bond for vehicles valued at $600.00 and greater at the discretion of the County Clerk (not less than double the value of the vehicle at the time of the application)
  6. Weight slip (trailers only)
  7. Completed Multi-Purpose Vehicle (MPV) Checklist (MPVs only)