Marriage Licenses are one of the really fun things the County Clerk's office gets to do. Below is a list of requirements to get a marriage license.
Requirements to get a Marriage License:
- Both applicants must appear in person
- Both parties must have a photo ID
- Information needed:
If either applicant is under the age of 18:
- Basic information about the both parties (name, address, social security #, etc.)
- Both sets of parent's full names including mother's maiden names
- The number of marriages both parties have had prior to this one
- The number of years of school each person has completed
Marriage License Fee of $30.00
- At least one parent of each minor must sign a parental consent form, which can be obtained in our office
- If the minor is under the age of 16, he or she may not obtain a marriage license except by court order
All information gathered for a marriage license is collected for the
Wyoming Department of Vital
Statistics located in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
Certified copies of marriage licenses may be obtained from our office for $5.00. Certified
copies are usually available within a week after the marriage takes place. Application for Certified Copy Of Marriage Certificate
If either party wishes to change his or her name after getting married, please contact
the United States Social Security
Administration for an application for a new card, or call (307)772-2135 for more
The local Social Security office is located at:
5353 Yellowstone Rd.
Cheyenne, WY 82009