Skip Navigation Links
County Home
Clerk's Home
Elections Expand Elections
TitlesExpand Titles
Land Recording
Marriage Licenses
Special DistrictsExpand Special Districts
Contact Us

When do I need a VIN/HIN inspection?

A VIN/HIN Inspection is required on all certificates of title being transferred to Wyoming from another state.

A VIN/HIN Inspection is required when a certificate of title is to be issued without a prior certificate of title or Certificate of Origin for all boats, snowmobiles, trailers, motor vehicles, motorcycles, and MPVs

A VIN/HIN Inspection is required when the VIN is in question for any reason

A VIN/HIN Inspection is required if a Certificate of Origin is presented with a title apppcation that is more than 3 years old (2006 and before) AND never been transferred into a certificate of title OR has a different name assigned to it than the individual currently applying for the certificate of title.

Back to all FAQ's