Child Support

We receive, receipt and distribute child support payments to custodial parents and provide information regarding those payments.

Making Payments

Child support payments, which have been ordered by this Court, can be paid through this office. If mailing in your payments send to:

Clerk of the District Court
PO Box 158
Wheatland, WY 82201

Include your name, your civil case number and your POSSE number (if you have it). Please pay with a cashier's check, money order or cash (do NOT mail cash). We do not accept personal checks.

The State Disbursement Unit (SDU) also processes payments for Platte County. If you receive payments for the SDU (a State of Wyoming check) and have payment inquiries, you need to call 1-888-570-9914.

Abatement of Obligation

Abatement is covered in Section 305 of the child support code. On days that the noncustodial parent has custody of the child (for 15 or more days), the state will abate (or lower) the daily obligation by half of the determined amount, unless otherwise decided by the court. The noncustodial parent must file for the abatement with the clerk of courts within 30 days after the period in which the abatement is to be claimed. The code states that the filing fee to be rendered to the clerk is $10.

Abatement forms are available at the Clerk of Courts office, or on our forms page.

Change of Address

If you are receiving or making support payments, you must provide the Clerk's office with your new address in writing, no telephone calls will be accepted. Please include both your old and new address on your correspondence.